We are in the age of measurable marketing. You can use various mechanisms to propagate your content like email marketing, Online PR & Article submission, blog propagation, systematic back-link building strategy, PPC campaigns. For each, there will be various mechanisms available to analyze and track operations. It is important to Analyze performance of your marketing channels, so that you know what is working and what is not.
Also track your website rankings and search engine friendliness. It pays to be on the first page for identified search phrases. This can be achieved through systematic on-page and off-page SEO. Download our free guide on Some simple SEO tips to better your website rankings
- Website – Tools like Google Analytics can provide you page visits, bounce rates, content visited, source of visits and so on. You can also use Google\’s URL builder to track efficacy of specific campaigns.
- Email marketing programs – With EDM tools like MailChimp or constant contact or simple desktop tools like sendblaster it is possible to understand what mails got delivered, bounced and also details of who opened your emails, and the click-through. These details help in scheduling the next level of campaigns to the target audience or engaging with them at a more personal level.
- Blogs – With a variety of widgets and plug-ins available, it is possible to track various parameters related to a blog. Simple short URL tools like Bit.ly or goo.gl can be used to track visits to specific pages created. Blog subscribers and the comments that your blog receives also will provide you a lot of insights into how your blog is being received by your target audience.
- Social Media – you can directly measure the growth in your social tribe. Twitter followers, Facebook likes, Linked IN contacts will speak volumes. Also getting recognized as a major contributor on specific groups and for different business categories will help build your brand presence.
For a more detailed walk-through, you can download our free ebook on Analyzing your marketing campaigns effectively
A Summary of this series of blogs
- So Marketing has changed! Time to stop complaining & leverage the change – 5 easy steps – This is where we summarize what has changed in marketing and how you can systematically plan to leverage the change.
- Invest in content marketing to build thought leadership and a strong following – Content marketing is like any other project. Plan it well and create fantastic content that can then be leveraged in different campaigns that you plan to run
- Expand your social networks, Listen, contribute, participate – Social networks offer you a great potential to manage viral marketing. It also offers you the capability of reaching a larger (& right) target audience very efficiently.
- Publish content, be useful to your target audience – Having created content, make sure that you propagate it well across your various channels. Re-purpose content, cross-promote and analyze your efforts regularly
- Measure, Analyze, Track and take decisions – No matter which channel you use to propagate your content, measure, analyze and track to take meaningful decisions. If thing are not working, change them in real time
- Build and nurture leads – Nurture relationships with potential prospects till they are ready to do business with you.
I hope this post gave you some ideas to Analyze performance of your marketing channels. With digital marketing, the best part is that you can analyze and track virtually everything. So make the best use of it and optimize the performance of your campaigns to meet your business objectives.